• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JNM7196DF1BB Clock Not Continuous Display and Microwave came on when I shut the door

brmommy

Premium Member
Model Number
JNM7196DF1BB
Brand
GE
A couple things I noticed this morning. The clock on my microwave is disappearing randomly. Then one time when I shut the door this morning, the microwave came on on it's own. I tried to push the stop button to turn it off, but that didn't work. I had to open the door to get it to stop. It appears to heat food fine once it is on. Sitting here pondering on this, I remembered a day or two ago sitting in the kitchen and hearing some kind of pop sound near the microwave and cooktop stove. I didn't know what it was and everything seemed fine until this morning. No problems with the interior light not coming on. I took the control panel off without disconnecting the wire just to glance at it. I didn't see any obvious problems. I did NOT disconnect the wires so can not see the other side of the board. So I can heat food, but something obviously isn't right. I'm wondering about the control board. Thoughts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick is very good with microwaves, I will see if he can assist you.

Jake

brmommy

Premium Member
Thank you! I would greatly appreciate that. It's such a pain to install a new one of these, I'd much prefer to repair it. :)

brmommy

Premium Member
I meant to say it is a pain to install a new Microwave. I'd much rather repair it.