• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JS48PPDUDB02 Jenn-Air 48" built in Refrigerator - flashes on then dead - unresponsive

DSDIRECT3

Premium Member
Model Number
JS48PPDUDB02
Brand
Jenn-Air
Jenn-Air Built-In fridge dies on start up.

Plug in the fridge, lights come on and and nothing else happens. Then push the on/off button on the control panel inside fridge and the control panel lights up (all lights/digits on the panel light up), there is a single beep, then sometimes a fan (evaporator I asssume), then it goes blank and dead. I took a video but not sure how to share.

Originally it was completely lifeless and I thought the main power switch was the culprit as it felt like it was switching nothing (i.e. no clicking when rock it between on and off) and it had signs of burning near the terminal connectors but I bypassed the switch completely and now have the above symptoms. I assume, with the switch like this it may be the victim of a electrical surge.

I did test the power supply circuit board and verified 120v going in and 24v coming out. could not find out what it the numbers were supposed to be but wanted to at least check for consistency.

Any ideas? If I can pin point if it's a board and which one I can try and have it repaired or order a new one. I tried searching and browsing existing posts but could not find similar symptoms. Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks

DSDIRECT3

Premium Member
An update in case anyone else runs across this. I tool the three circuit boards from the top of the fridge to my circuit board repair guy and he replaced a couple of capacitors and diodes and all is running fine now.

And my numbers on the power supply board were not correct either - I should have been checking for AC output (12v) note DC.