JS760EL1ES GE oven shutting off

cmillls45

Premium Member
Model
JS760EL1ES
Brand
GE
Hi, I've got a 2017 GE JS760EL1ES. After setting a desired oven temperature, as it is heating or even after it has reached the desired temperature, the oven will shut off. I know this because I can't hear it heating anymore, nor can I see the digital display of the oven temperature, I can only view the clock temperature. No error codes have displayed. The temperature sensor was at 1077 ohms when I tested it at room temperature.

Questions:
1. Can I view previous error codes that may be stored?
2. Maybe a bad control board? How would I diagnose? And how do I access the control board?

Thanks
Chris

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Rick, that was my first thought too. I ran into this same problem quite a bit when I worked at Wards and Sears and the Oven Control board always fixed it.:)

This is a newer style GE range I haven't worked on yet here in my area, Looks a bit different to access than the older GE models.

I'll ask bigbuck if he has the service manual on this model that will help Chris access and replace it.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks for trying bigbuck.

Ok Chris, when you click the link to the Oven Control and Overlay Asm Rick posted in post #2, once you get to that page you will see a Questions & Answers section there, ask them there, they may have the service manual for this model.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake