• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED JS760SL4SS - Range Control Panel Overlay replacement. PN WB07X30056?

JonS112

Premium Member
Model Number
JS760SL4SS
Brand
GE
Had family over for holidays and someone "cleaned" the overlay with a Brillo pad. Haven't been able to remove the scratches so want to replace with part number WB07X30056.

Is it just the 1 screw on each end and then 2 screws under each knob holding the overlay in place? Just want to be sure I can do this myself.

Thanks,
Jon

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Jon,

Yes, WB07X30056 is the correct overlay for your model:

Is it just the 1 screw on each end and then 2 screws under each knob holding the overlay in place?
Yes, you are correct.

Here's the parts diagram of it below, its #18, the screws are #1006. Also you will need to move the lens #31 over to the new one, it just unsnaps. Make sure you unplug your range first.:)
(Click to enlarge)
overlay-wb07x30056.jpg

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

JonS112

Premium Member
Thanks Jake.

I've removed those 10 screws and have the new part in front of me, but the overlay seems like it's still held in and I can't get it to come off. Are there screws along the bottom of the overlay that need to be accessed?

It looks like there are additional screw holes near the bottom of the new overlay in the picture attached? But I don't see how to reach them on my oven and they aren't in the diagrams I've seen.

Maybe I just need to pull harder on the overlay, but figured I'd ask here first.

Thanks,
Jon

Attachments

Last edited:

JonS112

Premium Member
Sorry, I spoke too soon. Yes, pulling a little harder is the answer.

So now I also understand where the other screws go. The only issue left is the lens. Just trying to get it out without breaking. Thanks for your help.

Jon

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds like you got it Jon, good job. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Plambert

Premium Member
Hello,

In reading this thread I cannot see how to remove the overlay to install a new one that is scratched. We removed the screws but the overlay is still firmly in place. Do you have to remove the control panel trim assembly? If so, how do you do this?

Thank you!