JSC24C8EAM00 JennAir Refrigerator-Freezer side not cold enough

Appliance Guy

Premium Member
Model Number
JSC24C8EAM00
Brand
Jenn-Air
This is a design that I'm not familiar with. It appears to be a split system [separate evaporator coils for fresh food and freezer section]. The freezer section is running around 25 to 30 degrees. I noticed the compressor has two different operating sounds. Sometimes it runs at a normal operating noise level with no heat transfer at liquid lines or condenser coil. It will then change noise level to a deeper, more labored sound. It's during this mode that we have heat transfer at liquid lines and condenser. I noticed a solenoid valve that the liquid lines attach to. I'm thinking maybe this valve is malfunctioning, [not letting the refrigerant flow properly]. The evaporator motor seems to be running normally as well as the condenser motor. Does anyone have advanced training on this model. Looking for some suggestions.
Patrick

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Patrick,

I'm not familiar with these split-evaporator models either, I'll ask bigbuck if he has the tech. data sheet or service manual for this model.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good Patrick.

Jake

rwmorrisey

Thanks Jake,
I'll post if I figure it out.
Hi Patrick -

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but were you ever able to figure out this issue with your Jenn-Air refrigerator? I have the same model and am experiencing the same symptoms.

The compressor, condenser fan, both evaporator fans, and defrost heater all appear to be operating correctly. However, the freezer and refrigerator sections are still both running warm. I was leaning towards this being an issue with the solenoid valve.

Ryan

Appliance Guy

Premium Member
Sorry Ryan, but the customer decided to replace the refrigerator before I could figure it out. If I were you I'd probably go ahead and replace that valve. It seems like the most logical thing to try. Wish you well.

Would like to have your feed back if you solve the problem.

Patrick.