JSP39GOR1WG GE Electric range - F2 Error - sensor checks out OK

rmcderm313

Premium Member
Model Number
JSP39GOR1WG
Brand
GE
Hi All,

I have a GE JSP39GOR1WG electric range. I've been having trouble with the oven staying at the set temperature for a few months, so I was planning on replacing the sensor anyway, but last week about 10 minutes into cooking I got the F2 error (overheat). It started intermittent and then became more consistent. Even with the oven off (but still hot) the error would come up and it started beeping. I eventually shut off the breaker to stop it.

I removed the sensor and tested it with a multi-meter at room temperature, it tested in the range it should be (I forget offhand what the number was but it was matching the published numbers). I ended up ordering another sensor and I'm waiting to get it.

My question is whether there is much hope that the sensor will be the issue. Is it possible that a sensor will test OK at room temperature but still be the cause of the original issue and the F2 failure?

Then as a follow on, if it's not the sensor is the ERC the next step? This range is 25+ years old so while I'd love to fix it and run it to the ground, anything more than $150 is probably not wise.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The ERC is the problem. I couldn't get anything to come up with that model number.