• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED JSP42DN1BB GE GlassTop Stove Right Front Dual Burner will not turn off

atem2144

Premium Member
Model Number
JSP42DN1BB
Brand
GE
Hello, I have a GE glasstop electric slide in range that has a right front dual sized burner. The burner will not turn off unless the circuit breaker is turned off. You can not tell that the burner is on by looking at it as it is not glowing red, but if you put you hand over it you can feel the heat. Also the hot cooktop light is always on because the burner is always hot. I have replaced the infinite switch and the burner element. When I turn the power back on to the stove the burner is off and will not come on until I turn it on at the infinite switch. When I turn the infinite switch on the burner works fine, glows red and cycles properly. When I turn the switch to off, it looks like it's off, but it never goes off and the hot cooktop light always stays on unless I turn off the breaker. Any ideas? Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You possibly have a short in your wiring to that right front dual burner, that's all it can be since you already replaced the dual burner and burner switch.

Unplug the range and look for a short, grounded, frayed, or broken wire from the burner switch to that dual burner.

Jake

atem2144

Premium Member
I got a faulty infinite switch, replaced it with another new one and it works now. Thanks for the quick response.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad that was all it was.(y)

Here's the right front dual burner switch for this model in case others need it too:
WB24T10134 Switch Inf Cntl

Thanks for the update!

Jake