JT912S0F1SS GE Profile Wall Oven - fan making high pitched wheen for 45 - 60 min after cooking

fll3333

Premium Member
Model Number
JT912S0F1SS
Brand
GE
We just moved into a new (old) house and we have a GE Profile Wall Oven Model number JT912S0F1SS
I'm not sure how old it is as there isn't a manufacture date that I can see.

It seems to work fine but after oven is turned off, during cool down, there is a fan that makes a high pitched whine that goes on for quite some time. We can hear it in the tv room which is two rooms from kitchen. I have sensitive ears and it drives me crazy.

I found a similar thread from ten years ago that has been revived a few times, but instead of reviving that thread, I decided to start a new one. Hope that is ok! I searched several parts sites but none of them pull up my oven model number.

I'm guessing this is the cooling fan behind the control panel? I saw on another forum it could have to do with a dirty air intake screen. Is that possible? Do I have any hope of quieting it down? Thanks for any help and advice you can provide!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I'm guessing this is the cooling fan behind the control panel?
You're correct. Remove the fan motor and soak the wicks with gun oil. This is an evaporator fan motor but it's the exact same style as yours:
Evap Mtr Fix Redo.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, Try what Rick mentioned first, if that does not fix it, then you'll need to replace that fan motor.

For your model number you just remove the 0 and it shows up.

Here's the parts diagram and parts list for your model: Parts for GE JK912SF1SS Oven

Its #32 in the parts diagram.

Here's the console fan motor assembly for your model:
WB26T10018 Fan Asm-Control

Turn the breaker OFF to your oven first, then you'll have to pull the oven out, at least a little, to remove and replace it, you may want to get someone to help you, then you take the console screws#875 and the console should tilt forward and down. If you don't have enough room, you'll likely need to remove the console completely, write down on paper where your wire connectors go, so you don't forget. Then unmount the fan with the #699 screws.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
We have no reference point for the "high pitched whine" . With "sensitive ears" the noise might be normal. If the noise doesn't go away after it's oiled then replacing it probably won't help either.

fll3333

Premium Member
Thanks to you both for the advice - I will give it a crack this weekend hopefully. I also read this on another forum:
"The air intake screen was completely blocked with dust. After taking the front control panel off I was able to reach back behind the screen and clean it. Runs like new, perfectly quite, and only stays on about 15 minutes after cooking."
I may try that too. Thanks!