• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JT955SF3SS GE Profile Wall Oven - Convection Bake is about 125 degrees cooler than it says it is

ksarracino

Premium Member
Model Number
JT955SF3SS
Brand
GE
GE Profile Double Wall Oven. Upper oven is only oven with Convection and when in convection bake mode it does not heat to the correct temperature - about 125 degrees cooler than the display says it is. Regular Bake mode works fine and so does Broil. Assuming it has to do with convection fan possibly...

Corrected model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
326B1230P0001 isn't a model number.

Click here: Appliance Parts

Then you will see a link that says: How to find a model number.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks,

Is the convection fan running, and is the convection element RED hot when its heating in convection mode?

Jake

ksarracino

Premium Member
Yes the convection fan is running (on occasion sounds a bit strange) and the element is hot. If I set it to 325 it beeps and says it gets to that temp really quickly (yet it Is only at 200). It will increase in temperature if I set it hotter - for instance I set it to 450 and it was then at 325 (based on my oven thermometer that seems to be pretty accurate). When it is in just regular bake mode, it is accurate (almost a bit hot).

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did this problem start happening when the fan stated sounding strange?

I'm not sure what's causing this problem, possibly a problem in the clock oven control board:
But its almost $500 so you may want to have a GE tech come out to confirm that's the problem before you buy it.

Jake

ksarracino

Premium Member
Ok, thank you I appreciate your help. I don't recall if the fan started sounding strange before or after to be honest. I know it is older but I am hopeful they can fix it as it is definitely cheaper than replacing!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I agree.

Let us know what they find.

Jake