• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JT980BH3BB GE Double wall oven clicks constantly

AWSHandy

Premium Member
Model Number
JT980BH3BB
Brand
GE
I have done some reading on this. Apparently this may be caused by relays clicking on and off. I have read that someone fixed this by adjusting a "sail switch" which is near airflow??? I think this is not uncommon, but I do not want to replace the control board if not necessary. Any help appreciated.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

AWSHandy

Premium Member
I went back to look at this. I discovered some important points. 1) when the control panel cover was taken off, but still attached the clicking stopped. The oven was on and the clicking stopped. The airflow from the fan (not sure which one) could be felt and the clicking stopped. If the display panel was reattached, the clicking started up again. I could determine it was NOT caused by either of the sail switches. 2) when the oven was taken out from the wall, the oven did NOT click even though the display panel was attached.

So, this is directly related to the airflow. I could tell that the clicking sound came from somewhere around the center or center right front of the electronics compartment on top of the top wall oven. I could not pinpoint the source. Maybe a relay. Not sure which board, one of 2 near the front. With this information, is there any help you can lend to this issue. It would be much appreciated. Thank you.