JT980SK3SS GE Profile double oven no power

Cabbie

Premium Member
Model Number
JT980SK
Brand
GE
Today the power went out on my GE Profile double oven. The control panel is blank, and none of the buttons respond. The oven light doesn't come on when the door is opened. After reading somewhere that the oven might need "reset", I turned off the circuit breaker for several minutes and then turned them back on. I would really appreciate any help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

You'll need a multimeter to check for 240 volts at the terminal block where your main power line connects to your double oven. You may need to pull the double oven out from the wall to access it, as I don't see it in your control panel.

You'd need to get a helper to help you pull it out from the wall if you plan to do it yourself, these double ovens are very heavy. If not, then have GE come out to see what's going on.

Jake

Cabbie

Premium Member
I tested where the flexible steel conduit connects to the electrical box in the wall. I couldn't find anywhere on the back of the oven I could easily access where the cable terminates in the oven. I think the readings look good, but I'm not an electrician.

Black -> Red = 243
Black -> White = 121.4
Black -> Ground = 121.3
Red -> White = 121.5
Red -> Ground = 121.5
White -> Ground = .167

Thanks again for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Cabbie,

I couldn't locate the tech. data sheet for this model. I would need it to help you further.

You do have a thermal cut off(TCO) in the very back, but without the tech. data sheet I don't know if that being bad would cut all power to everything.

You can ohm test it for continuity if you want, make sure the breaker is OFF to your double oven first.:)

Here it is for your model:
Thermal Fuse WB24T10105

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help.:)

Let us know how it goes.

Jake