• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JTP35DP1BB GE double oven light help

Peteo

Premium Member
Model Number
JTP35DP1BB
Brand
GE
Hello, I have a GE JTP35DP1BB double wall oven. I went to change the lower light bulb with the lights turned on. It was a very flimsy bulb and it turned out of it's base and shorted. The top light went out immediately. Killed the power and got the broken bulb base out of the socket. I replaced the bulb but the lights (they always come on simultaneously) only work when the door is opened but they won't work with control panel button. I am an electronics tech and I am trying to find a wiring diag. . I can hear a relay click when I push the button but no light. Obviously blew something and was wondering if there is some sort of ICP or fuse link to fix, or is the board toast. There must be 2 circuits because lights still work with door. Thanks for any info!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I couldn't locate the schematic for your model number.

But the only part that controls the oven lights when the press the button on the control is just the main control board.

Here's the main control board for your model:
ge-board-housing-asm-wb27t11161-ap4484272_03_l.jpg

Jake

Peteo

Premium Member
Thanks a lot Jake! Really appreciated. I have done some board level repair so I may take a look at it and see if I can see anything obvious. Maybe a blown trace or something. If not I have the part number. Thanks again! Pete

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Pete, sounds good, let us know what you find.:)

Jake