JTP85WW2WW GE microwave oven combo not heating

Lfin

Premium Member
Model Number
JTP85WW2WW
Brand
GE
Hi, im looking for any help i cant get i have a ge profile i believe its a JTP85WW2WW but the sticker on the oven door is faded off. It will not heat in the bake, convection, roast, or boil modes the display reads 100 degrees, but never even trys to heat. I have tested continuity of all the heating elements and they apear to be fine. Not sure where to go from here. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Lfin said:
It will not heat in the bake, convection, roast, or boil modes... never even trys to heat.
All those elements operate on 240 volts, the rest of the appliance on 120V. A first step would usually be to confirm the full 240 volts is getting to the appliance.

The following link shows how to test for proper voltage at a range wall outlet.

LINK > The Appliance Clinic : Electric Range : All Elements Fail to Heat

Further tests would be needed where the range cord (or house wiring) attaches to the stove's internal wiring if the outlet voltages test Ok.

LINK > The Appliance Clinic : Electric Range : Defective Main Terminal Block

PS. The wiring diagram you posted only pertains to the microwave section. If the problem is with the conventional oven, a photo of its wiring diagram may be needed to locate other potential failure points.

Dan O.

Last edited:

Lfin

Premium Member
Thank you for the reply i will start testing and go from there the diagram i posted is the only paperwork i could find with it.