• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

JVM1705SP2SS Microwave - Need Schematic / Service Manual

LarryR49

Premium Member
Model Number
JVM1705SP2SS
Brand
GE
Our GE microwave hood just quit putting out microwaves. Timer starts, but no fan/turntable/zap. First indication of problems was the fan would start when the door was opened (no buttons pressed). Since I'm a electronics/radio guy, I'd like to fix it myself, but need a schematic and service manual. Can't seem to find one on-line. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Recheck model number

JVM17508P289
That model number doesn't look correct. I suggest you double check it.

First indication of problems was the fan would start when the door was opened
Check the functioning of the door switches.

need a schematic
There's a schematic inside the microwave somewhere.

and service manual
I don't know where you'll find a service manual for it, sorry.

Dan O.

LarryR49

Premium Member
Took unit apart and the Schematic & Wiring diagram were behind the control panel. Checked the door switches and the Monitor Interlock Switch (#26) would not work, so have ordered a replacement: WB24X830. Ordered a set of the other micro-switches and will replace them, too, as a precaution: WB24X829. That should fix it!