KA58N Problem with Bosch / Siemens ice maker arm (part no 00649288)

drjarmin

Premium Member
Model Number
KA58N
Brand
Bosch
Hi All

My ice dispenser isn't working properly and I noticed the 'arm' that hangs out of it is loose. I took the unit out and opened it up and I can't find a way to put the arm back in so that it doesn't fall out again. I can't find any loose pieces in the mechanism. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? I have been googling a while and cant find a picture of inside the control box to see how it should all fit together.

Attachments

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Can't tell anything from those pics. They're too close and don't show enough of the ice maker. On top of that there's a big freakin orange arrow in the middle of the pic....LOL

drjarmin

Premium Member
The only thing wrong is that arm which keeps falling out of the ice maker which is the bit I'm holding in the pic. The arrows are pointing at the arm. I can't figure out how it can go back into the ice making unit and not keep falling out!

The rest of it is fine :). Picture with arrow removed attached.

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Do you live in HONG KONG? We are a USA and CANADA appliance repair site, we have no tech data information on worldwide appliances.

Your best bet is to find a appliance repair forum closer to where you live.

Jake

drjarmin

Premium Member
The unit is the same globally. Funnily enough there is no English language forum in this part of the world so was hoping someone could help.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Here's the thing, I've never seen that model refrigerator or ice maker before and I have no way to look it up. However, I've had customers bring me a box of parts and say this is my ice maker after I tried to fix it. I can usually figure out how everything goes together by just looking at the parts. You're not giving me enough to look at and see how it goes together.