• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KAWE760WAL3 KitchenAid Washer clicks during most agitate cycles

sjfromwhiskay

Premium Member
Model Number
KAWE760WAL3
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi! 1992 KAWE760WAL3 washer. Began 'clicking' during agitation and spin cycle on most all cycles except 'delicate normal' agitate. House lights on same electrical circuit flicker at same rate as clicking.

Misdiagnosed that it was the gear box so that is newly installed but still have problem. :(

Motor has been tested uncoupled and runs fine.

Agitator splines are good.

In recent past 4-5 years we've also replaced water pump (old one cracked) and timer switch (other long forgotten issue).

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Check your motor capacitor FIRST:
WP8572720 Capacitor

You can test the capacitor with a analog meter, watch the video it will show you how to do that. Unplug the washer first.

If your capacitor is fine, then check your wiring to the motor, if that's fine then the motor is the problem, but Its No Longer Available.

Here's the motor for your model:
WP3350418 Motor, Drive (3 Speed, Direct Drive Models)

Let us know what you find.

Jake

sjfromwhiskay

Premium Member
The hubby had already thought about and tested the capacitor before your reply and said it's good.

If the motor is no longer available, I presume that means the unit is DOA and unit must be replaced. Not what I was wanting to hear as I loved this machine.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, but you got great use out of your 1992 washer, much better than average, you should feel good about that.:)

As they say "all good things must come to a end". We recommend Speed Queen, Whirlpool, Maytag washers. KitchenAid no longer makes washers, but Whirlpool owns KitchenAid and Maytag, so Whirlpool and Maytag are just as good as your 1992 KitchenAid washer.

Jake

sjfromwhiskay

Premium Member
Just wanted to send an update. It indeed was the motor BUT we found that the extra plug (not sure what it's called) that probably gives it the third speed had a broken wire. We fixed that and all is good with my 1992 washer I'm thrilled beyond belief. 6 loads in and it's still running like a charm. I suspect we won't get another 30 years out of it but I'll take as long as I can get. Knock on wood!!! BTW - I LOVE this forum. Best I've found for getting great answers.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job finding that broken wire.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake