• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KBFS25EWMS10 Overlay/user interface can not be adjusted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny from the block

Premium Member
Model Number
KBFS25EWMS10
Brand
KitchenAid
The touchpad that displays temperature, etc. inside my fridge is “frozen” for lack of a better word.
The unit is working perfectly, however the touch pad displays frig temp at 39 and freezer at -4 and I can’t adjust the temp up or down. Filter reset button, max ice, etc. will not respond either.

I think I can manage to try and change out the touchpad (part WPW10317125) if that is likely the issue, but I don’t want to go down that path if it could be another problem.

Thanks!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Try disconnecting and reconnecting the keytail connector several times and see if that doesn't fix it. Make sure to unplug the machine first.

Jenny from the block

Premium Member
I removed the key tail connector and reinstalled then tested and no luck. Did this 3 times.
On the 3rd time, the frig temp display changed to 59 degrees because the door had been open. It’s now dropping back down in temp, but the touchpad still won’t operate.

One thing i noticed is that the 3rd grounding pin on the power cord has broken off into the wall outlet when I removed the plug. This frig is installed at a beach house so between humidity and summer renters there is no telling what happened. It’s on a GFCI circuit. So not sure if that’s related to the touchpad problem, but now wondering if I should I buy a new power cord or would a plug adapter work?

Any other ideas before I order a new touchpad?

Thanks so much for helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.