• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

KBMC140HSS03 Kitchenaid built in microwave noisy exhaust fan?

zumpa21

Premium Member
Model Number
KBMC140HSS03
Brand
KitchenAid
I just replaced my similiar KA built in with an unused 14 yr old KA built inicrowave. The outer sheet metal was beat up and wonder if that's causing my problem. I'm not sure where the exhaust fan resides so not sure exactly where to start looking.

Attachments

zumpa21

Premium Member
The fan noise is intermittent. It usually goes away after running a bit but would prefer a quiet microwave all the time.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,
unused 14 yr old KA built in microwave.
14 year old unused? You mean its been sitting in the original box for 14 years when you bought it new?

Jake

zumpa21

Premium Member
Just a lucky find off craigslist. It was installed but never used and uninstalled and probably sat in someone's garage. Best $40 I've spent. Found the fan up top in back after removing the plastic grill over the door. I may slide it out and try to pop out the dents.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Got it!

Yes, pop the dents out of it and see how it runs after that.

Jake