• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KCGS950ESS Kitchenaid Gas Cooktop Dual Burners Popping & Snorting

Weaklink

Premium Member
Model Number
KCGS950ESS
Brand
KitchenAid
I have a Kitchenaid KCGS950ESS. The two burners that have dual function, "Even-Heat" and "Dual Tier Ultra" burner, randomly delay to light, or violently ignite and then flame-out. Scares the crap out of my wife. The other single function burners work fine.

The 2 problem burners do not always do it. They work perfectly fine more than 50% of the time.

The first stage (smaller) burner lights fine, all the time. However, when you transfer to the secondary (larger) burner, that's when the burner sometimes pops & snorts.

I have looked at the orifices on the larger (secondary) burner and it appears clear of any debris, blockages, etc. The cooktop is only 2 years old and looks brand new, 100% clean to the eye.

I have not disassembled the cooktop yet, just checked the items that sit on top of burner.

I'm open to ideas. User guide is of no help.

Thanks, James

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
See if you can locate the tech sheet. Look on the bottom of the cook top for an envelope. I'll check with bigbuck, our tech sheet guru, and see if he can locate one. Is this on Natural gas or propane?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Attachments

• KCGS950ESS - servicepointer-w10829766.pdf
    348.1 KB · Views: 47

Weaklink

Premium Member
Thanks, I am planning on working on the unit next weekend, as work has me slammed. I will check the burner and see what version I have. My stove was purchased a few years after that tech bulletin.