• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KDFE104HWH0 Kitchen Aid dishwasher error code 4-3

JohnCmee

Premium Member
Model Number
KDFE104HWH0
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi.

My Kitchen Aid dishwasher is about 2 years old. It recently stopped cleaning dishes. It fills with water, makes some clicking sounds, sits for awhile, drains, repeat.

Soap packets fall to the bottom but don't dissolve. Dishes do not get wet. It seems as though the water is not being sprayed.

I ran the diagnostic and got the 4-3 error code.

I've seen a few postings here on what that means for other models, but I did not find one for my model.

What does this error code mean?

Please help...

Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Error Code 4-3 is Wash Motor Not Running.

Check for 120 volts at the wash motor electrical connector when the wash motor should be running after the dishwasher fills with water. Follow these steps below that I've mentioned to other people.

Look at post #7 here: FIXED 665.13472N411 What to check on why it only washes about 5% of the cycle.

I'd first check to see if your getting 120 volts to the wash motor when it should be in the wash cycle.

Take the wire connector off the wash motor and use a multimeter to see if yours is getting 120 volts when it should be washing, if so and it's not running order the wash motor below.
(click to enlarge)
dishwash120volts.jpg

Here is the wash motor assembly for your model you can order: W11084656 Motor-Pump

Let us know what you find.

Jake

JohnCmee

Premium Member
Thank you for your quick response. After work today I got home and started on the dishwasher. I found the pump you mentioned and tested it. It was getting voltage. While I was under there, I took the pump off to investigate further. I found a small plastic string (like what is used to attach price tags to clothing and other items). There was also a little bit of hair. I removed them. I then took out the 4 screws that held the motor together and cleaned out the inside. Reassembled. I also took out two other motors and cleaned those. I then put everything back together. The hardest part was connecting the pump to the rubber 90 degree elbow hose. I made the mistake of trying to reuse the pinch clamp. When I tested the dishwasher, IT WORKED but it leaked at the pinch clamp. I put on a regular hose clamp, tested again, no leaks.

Thank you for pointing me to the problem. My dishwasher is back in action... and my wife is happy that she doesn't have to hand wash everything.

Attachments

• 20210608_181510.jpg
    20210608_181510.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 105

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent John, glad to hear your back in business.(y)

Thanks for the update!

I made the mistake of trying to reuse the pinch clamp. When I tested the dishwasher, IT WORKED but it leaked at the pinch clamp. I put on a regular hose clamp, tested again, no leaks.
Yes, that's very good to do is use a regular hose clamp, the original one is just a one shot clamp and can't be reused again without it leaking, as you found out.:)

Jake