• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KDTE104DSS1 KitchenAid Dishwasher - wash motor not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregKits

Premium Member
Model Number
KDTE104DSS1
Brand
KitchenAid
Read enough treads to see you were going to point me at the wash motor replacement. I have the problems others mentioned - dishes not getting cleaned and soap not getting dissolved.
I opened up the panel and ohm'd the fuses and also saw voltage at the board connection for the wash pump (was about 117-118), no sign of any damage to the board or the connectors.

I ordered a pump motor and have a question on install (didn't buy the whole sump assembly).

1. would you recommend removing the whole sump assembly and replacing the wash pump that way, or would you remove the dishwasher from the cabinet to replace the wash pump that way? Videos I saw for wash pump assembly have you remove from the cabinet, but seems like would be easier to remove sump assembly.

2. When reinstalled do you run a whole diagnostic cycle again or need to do anything else to put unit back into operation?

3. How do you advance thru the diagnostic sections if the controls are on the top of the door, will the diagnostic keep running if I open the door?

4. I didn't measure voltage at the wash motor connection (did it at the board), because I couldnt get to the connection, when you recommend measuring at the connection, what state of disassembly if the unit at?

Thanks
Greg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Greg,

Here is the wash motor assembly for your model in case others need it too:
W11032770 Motor-Pump

Here's the video to replace it(when removing the dishwasher from the cabinet):

I have good news, yes you can without removing the dishwasher from the cabinet, watch this video:

Let us know how it goes.

No, you should not need to run the diagnostic cycle after you replace it.:)

3. How do you advance thru the diagnostic sections if the controls are on the top of the door, will the diagnostic keep running if I open the door?
It will automatically run through it with the door closed.

4. I didn't measure voltage at the wash motor connection (did it at the board), because I couldn't get to the connection, when you recommend measuring at the connection, what state of disassembly if the unit at?
No, you should be fine just measuring the 120 volts to the wash motor at the control board.:)

Jake

GregKits

Premium Member
Success after putting in the new wash motor. Nice using a combination of the two videos to pull the sump assembly out without removing the whole dishwasher from the cabinet and then using the video on how to change the wash motor on that sump assembly. Nothing too hard about the whole process.

Thanks for your help
Greg

truncated post

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Greg, glad to hear the new wash motor fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.