• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KDTE104ESS0 KitchenAid Dishwasher 7-1 code pump doesn't run

JM*G

Premium Member
Model Number
KDTE104ESS0
Brand
KitchenAid
I'm getting the 7-1 error code. The heating element Ohms about 13.8. The high limit thermostat ohms about .8 The circulation pump does not come on. Occasionally the dishwasher will run after running the diagnostic test or turning the breaker off. I tried running the hot water in the sink before running the dishwasher. I thought that solved the problem but I am having the problem again

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Usually it's the wash(circulation) motor that goes bad when this happens. I've replaced 2 myself in Parker, Arizona and it fixed them both.

To verify that you can check for 120 volts at the electrical connector at the wash motor when it should be washing.

The wash motor is on a national back order, but the complete wash motor pump assembly is in-stock and its only $10 more than the wash motor alone.

Here's the complete wash motor/pump assembly for your model you can order below, it also comes with a new diverter motor too:
Pump and Motor Assembly WPW10605057

You can replace the complete assembly WITHOUT removing the dishwasher from the cabinet, watch this video:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake