• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KDTE104ESS1 KitchenAid Dishwasher circulation pump only works after running diagnostic

tjtarr

Premium Member
Model Number
KDTE104ESS1
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello!
Amazing forum. I'm having an issue (I think!) with the circulation motor of my Kitchenaid Washing Machine (5 years old) only running a couple times after I run diagnostics. It works every time during the diagnostic cycle (sounding a bit rough) but only 0 to 2 times after that, and then I have to rerun the diagnostic cycle to get it to work again. The failures are increasing in frequency. When it doesn't work, the machine fills and drains but not much water gets sprayed about and the dishes remain dirty.

The diagnostic cycle shows a 5-1 code (having to do with the door apparently) but that doesn't seem to be the issue. My gut is to replace the circulation pump motor assembly but wanted to check here first.

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, It's most likely a bad wash motor(circulation pump), this has become a common problem as of late, many members here have reported the same. In fact I had 2 in Sept. 2018 in Parker, Arizona that did the exact same thing, and the new wash motor fixed them both.:)

Look at post #7 here: FIXED 665.13472N411 What to check on why it only washes about 5% of the cycle.

I'd first check to see if your getting 120 volts to the wash motor when it should be in the wash cycle. His Kenmore 665 made by Whirlpool, and Whirlpool owns KitchenAid, and uses the exact same wash motor yours does.

Take the wire connector off the wash motor and use your multimeter to see if yours is getting 120 volts when it should be washing, if so and it's not running order the wash motor below.

Here is the wash motor assembly for your model:
W11032770 Motor-Pump

Here's the video:

The wash motor is currently in-stock, but as covid-19 continues I see it go out-of-stock quite a bit, and its almost as expensive as the complete assembly below and that is currently in-stock.:)

Here's the complete assembly which comes with the wash motor already installed for you along with a new diverter motor too:
Pump and Motor Assembly WPW10605057

Keep us posted.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake