• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KDTE204DBL0 KitchenAid Dishwasher - Cleaning food chunks out of dishwasher spray arms?

Calab

Premium Member
Model Number
KDTE204DBL0
Brand
KitchenAid
Seems like a silly question, but somehow chunks of food have gotten past the filter in my dishwasher and are plugging up the holes in my spray arms. This results in some nasty dishes at the end of the cleaning cycle.

I can use a toothpick and poke at the holes, but that usually just pushes the food back into the arm, where it will come back to plug up the holes again.

I don't see any way to disassemble the spray arms, so how does one clear out the food chunks from inside the arms?

FWIW, it looks like bits of bean sprouts plugging up the holes. Is there anything that will dissolve organic matter in the spray arms and not damage the plastic, or metal arms?

This is on a KitchenAid KDTE204DBL0

20201021_161627.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd, I don't know how those chucks are getting past the filters if there is no rips/tears in them.

I can use a toothpick and poke at the holes, but that usually just pushes the food back into the arm, where it will come back to plug up the holes again. I don't see any way to disassemble the spray arms, so how does one clear out the food chunks from inside the arms?

You can remove the spray arm and shake the spray arm and the chucks should come out the big middle hole. When you click the part links to them below, you will see a video of each of how to remove and replace them.

Here's the lower spray arm for your model:
Lower Wash Arm Assembly W11101428

Here's the middle spray arm for your model:
Center Wash Arm Assembly WPW10448645

Is there anything that will dissolve organic matter in the spray arms and not damage the plastic, or metal arms?
Not that I'm aware of.

Here's the filters for this model and the video is in the part link to show you how to remove/check-clean/replace the filter, in case others following your thread need to know.

Pump Filter W10872845

Screen Filter WPW10463906

Jake