• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KDTE204ESS1 KitchenAid Dishwasher not working on normal, only on express and doesnt dry

andreewan

Premium Member
Model Number
KDTE204ESS1
Brand
KitchenAid
Hey :)

My kitchenaid dishwasher decided to only work under express mode, and even sometimes, nothing happens. I can hear the water coming in, and arms wont move
As well, water doesnt seem to be very hot, and element remains cold.
I made sure nothing gets in the way of the arms, used the soad required, and still doesnt clean much anymore :(

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

So after the dishwasher fills with water, do you hear the wash motor come on and do you hear the water splashing in the tub or not?

These wash motors have been a common failing part when after it fills the wash motor doesn't start and run OR runs intermittently. It can also cause the 7-1 error code, because the water has to spray over the heating element to heat the water, if not you get error code 7-1.

To verify that--->Look at post #7 here: FIXED 665.13472N411 What to check on why it only washes about 5% of the cycle.

You can check to see if your getting 120 volts to the wash motor when it should be in the wash cycle. His Kenmore 665 uses the exact same wash motor yours does.

Take the wire connector off the wash motor and use your multimeter to see if yours is getting 120 volts when it should be washing, if so and it's not running order the wash motor.
(click to enlarge)
dishwash120volts.jpg

Here's the wash motor assembly for your model you can order, if needed:
W11032770 Motor-Pump

Here's the video to replace it:

Jake

andreewan

Premium Member
HEllooo

On express, it works without problem, its on the other setting that it doesnt work
As well, its wont sani rince because the water is not hot enough. Is the element supposed to be hot? because mine remains cold,or a bit warm :(

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The water has to spray over the heating element to heat the water. So if the wash motor is not spraying water over the heating element it will never heat the water.

Jake