• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KDTE334GPS0 KitchenAid D/W won't turn on unless breaker is flipped

heresjohnnee

Premium Member
Model Number
KDTE334GPS0
Brand
KitchenAid
I have a Kitchenaid dishwasher KDTE334GPS0 that's less than a few years old but out of warranty. It becomes unresponsive after completing a cycle, which it does flawlessly. The buttons on the user panel and light on front of door do not illuminate and it seems completely dead. The breaker does not trip at the electrical panel but manually tripping it restores functionality to the machine. I have to do this every time I run a cycle.

I've had an electrician evaluate the run from the outlet back to the panel and there's nothing wrong there. I had an appliance tech out today who said it "could be" the mother board or "could be" the user panel board but he couldn't say. His recommendation was to replace the motherboard and if that doesn't work replace the user panel board. He could not say with any certainty where the issues lies or whether I could end up with a fully functional machine after installing these parts.

I'd be grateful for any direction I can get as to whether I can DIY this and if so how to approach. Please let me know what the first step is!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It sounds like the control board is the problem, you can do the steps below to verify that, when you get no response from the dishwasher keypad.

Do this below:
- Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power.
- Disassemble door and disconnect keypad connection from control board or LCD display module.
- Verify all other connections to control board are made.
- Reassemble door, but do not close door.
- Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power.
- Wait at least 7 seconds for control board to power up completely.
- Close dishwasher door and monitor control board response:
A. If control board is OK, it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace keypad and console.
B. If control board is NOT OK, it will NOT turn on drain motor. Wait for at least 10 seconds. If there is still no drain response, then replace control board or LCD display module (whichever one the keypad was connected to).

Here's the control board for your model:
Control Board W11120155

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Check your owners manual warranty, some KitchenAid dishwashers have a 5 year warranty on the electronic parts, which includes the control board and touchpad assembly.

So you maybe able to get a free control board and touchpad assembly.:)

Jake

heresjohnnee

Premium Member
Jake thank you for this helpful advice. I performed the process outlined above and the drain pump ran. I sounds like I need to replace the keypad and console, right? Do you have a handy link to that part as well? Thanks for your expertise.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, then it would be the keypad console assembly.

Here it is for your model: W11165145 Console

Jake