• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KDTE404DSS0 KitchenAid Dishwasher - error code 6-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

w392598

Premium Member
Model Number
KDTE404DSS0
Brand
KitchenAid
My dishwasher does not complete the cycle and gets a flashing blue light. When I start the dishwasher on a wash cycle, it drains, then fills, then goes through the actual wash cycle for probably 20 to 30 minutes, and then stops at which point the blue light on front will begin to flash. The diagnostic code I received was 6–2. This appears to be related to the water inlet valve yet the dishwasher seems to get water flow and drain. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Your model has the problematic door vent that can cause this problem you are having.

Do this first--->Disconnect all the wire connectors to your door vent and see if it runs through a complete cycle AND a complete diagnostic cycle which takes about 23 minutes.

Start reading what bigbuck said at post#18 here:

Your model uses the exact same door vent. If it runs through a complete cycle and everything is back to normal, then order and replace the door vent assembly.

Here it is for your model you can order:
WPW10469574 Vent

To access the vent assembly you will need a T-15 torx screwdriver: Remove 4 screws (long) across top of door, then remove 10 screws (short) on the sides, then the outer door panel pulls off.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

w392598

Premium Member
Thank you Jake. I disconnected the vent. Dishwasher is cycling through right now. it already is about 1.5 hours in so much better than before. It seems like the vent might be the issue.

Once this is done, i re-run the diagnostic code. Once i hit the 3 keys in order 3 times, do i need to press anything or does it just start? does the dishwasher have to be open or closed?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, yes the new door vent should fix it.:)

Entry sequence: Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses. NOTE: Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Completed.”
The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

--->Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle.

LET IT RUN ALL THE WAY THROUGH: Service diagnostic cycle will take about 23 minutes.

Jake

w392598

Premium Member
Hi Jake - got the part in and replaced. Now it is leaking profusely from the vent. The cap on the inside (that holds it in place) seems tight. Perhaps it is a poor gasket with the new part. is there something i should do besides trying another part? Is there sealant i should put on there?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you make sure the round rubber gasket seal didn't slip out of place? I'd remove the vent to make sure, then re-install the vent per the video below.

Jake

w392598

Premium Member
Yes seal was still in place. No gunk that I could tell impeding seal. Leaked with both old and new (tested both). Perhaps the inside cap is not pulling tight enough?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you remove it and re-install it per the video?

Did you buy the part from my link to it above at AppliancePartsPros?

I've replaced hundreds of these in my 34 years as a career appliance tech and never had this problem of leaking after it was installed.

Others here have also replaced it and none had this leaking issue afterwards. Go to our search box at the top right of this page and copy/paste WPW10469574 into the search box and you will see.:)

Jake

w392598

Premium Member
Did you remove it and re-install it per the video? Yes

Did you buy the part from my link to it above at AppliancePartsPros? No, Amazon but same OEM part. Have ordered new one from there. I will note I put the old one back in and it also is leaking. This is what makes me wonder if it has to do with the vent "nut" not holding tightly.
Thanks for the help. Will keep you posted.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I will note I put the old one back in and it also is leaking. This is what makes me wonder if it has to do with the vent "nut" not holding tightly.
That vent nut might be stripped then, its also a deflector, the deflector louvers should be pointing down, are they pointing down towards the bottom of the tub?

Here it is for your model:
whirlpool-bezel-vent-door-wpw10195032-ap6016733_01_l.jpg

Jake

w392598

Premium Member
That vent nut might be stripped then, its also a deflector, the deflector louvers should be pointing down, are they pointing down towards the bottom of the tub?
It is installed with the top part (as shown in the picture above) pointing down when the door is raised. Is that correct install? Below the top of dishwasher is at top of picture.

image.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The photo is too close up I can't tell, zoom out some and upload another photo.

What I can see is it looks like that round rubber seal gasket is out of place, look at the bottom of the deflector how its sticking out there and not in its grove slot.

Jake

w392598

Premium Member
Jake - got it fixed. I think the original part Amazon shipped was actually used. i did get a new part in and it did the trick. thank you for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @w392598 glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.