• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KDTM354DSS4 KitchenAid Dishwasher - Water does not enter dishwasher

Ultraman

Premium Member
Model Number
KDTM354DSS4
Brand
KitchenAid
The dishwasher just stopped working. Water did not enter the unit. I immediately thought it was the water inlet valve which I immediately replaced. No change. Another posting seemed to suggest it was the vent fan. That seems to make sense. When it stopped working we noticed water on the floor in front of the vent as if steam had collected on the floor in an area about 12" in diameter. This has never happed. So I ordered a vent fan. We will see what happens.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Can you start the machine in any cycle? Is the machine dead, no LEDs on or blinking?

Ultraman

Premium Member
It will not start in any cycle. The machine is not dead - the lights work. The diagnostic codes indicated a water inlet valve problem (even after I replaced it). The machine makes the pre-wash clicking sounds as if it was going to start but it does not. I disconnected the vent fan as someone indicated that helped but no change.

Ultraman

Premium Member
I ran the diagnostic cycle. The codes (flashing) were 6-2 (water inlet valve failure), 10-3 (drying fan failure), 6-1 (won't fill), and 8-2 (drain pump electrical failure). I have replaced the water inlet valve and the fan (which apparently was in need of replacement since I can now hear it work). When water is put in the dishwasher the drain cycle pumps it out (so 8-2 does not seem like a problem). Continuity on the float switch seems fine (small amount of ohms in down position, nothing in the up position). This seems like death by a thousand cuts.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
small amount of ohms in down position,
Should be less than 1Ω. Always remove at least one wire from the component when checking continuity. Check for 120 VAC at the control board P6-7 to P6-9 when the water valve should be on.
whirlpool-cntrl-elec-w10854216-ap6003887_01_l.jpg