KDTM354ESS0 STILL Will not fill with water. Replaced Inlet valve and float valve switch

askchuck

Premium Member
Model Number
KDTM354ESS0
Brand
KitchenAid
Help!

Trying to figure out why my dishwasher will nto get any water. The water lines are clear,I replaced the inlet valve and float vlave switch. What else could it be?

Thanks,

Chucjk

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Chuck,

The only other part that controls the fill is the main control board. So that would be the bad part.

When you click the link to the main control board below, you will see a video on how to replace it.

Here's the main control board for your model:
Main Control Board W10854228

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi Chucjk, It's most likely the control. Set your meter to measure Volts AC and connect the test leads in the water valve connector.

Start the wash cycle and check for 120 Volts AC on the meter. No voltage- recheck at the control P6-7 and P6-9 both brown wires. If you post a copy of your tech sheet (behind the lower panel) I can tell you how to get into service mode.

Main Control Board: W10854228 Cntrl-Elec

- - - Updated - - -

LOL....... haven't done that in a while! At least we're on the same page.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Chuck!

LOL....... haven't done that in a while! At least we're on the same page.
LOL, You are right Rick, its been a long time since we posted at the same time, yes you and I are both on the same page about the control board as the culprit.:)

Jake

askchuck

Premium Member
Ok - so power is going to water control valve, it register resistance when tested, but when installed it just makes a clicking sound at the beginning of the wash cycle, but then no water comes out.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a new valve I put in.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
OK, if you have 120 VAC at the fill valve and it doesn't fill, the valve is bad. Where did you get it?

askchuck

Premium Member
I exchanged it, but the same thing happened. Clicking but no fill. Double checked if water pressure is coming to the valve, and it is, but nothing is coming through it. It just clicks. Float valve is good, too.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, this is very strange.

If you have 120 volts at the water inlet valve then water HAS to come out, you feel the solenoid vibrating don't you? while 120 volts is applied to it right?

Take the water supply line OFF from the water inlet valve THEN get something to catch water in, like a bucket of container, then turn ON your water supply line and see if you get full water pressure coming out into the bucket.:)

Clicking but no fill. Double checked if water pressure is coming to the valve, and it is, but nothing is coming through it. It just clicks.
If 120 volts is constant to the water inlet valve, it should not click, it should be a constant hum from the solenoid on it. Keep your meter probes on it to see if your getting a CONSTANT 120 volts to it.:)

Jake

askchuck

Premium Member
Thanks Jake, it is a weird problem. I am having trouble figuring it out and it really is stumping me. I am getting full pressure from the water line but will check the consistent volts shortly.

askchuck

Premium Member
Ok, so it does not have 120 after all. It had 12 and now 3 volts. So that is helpful to say the power issue is before the water inlet. I tested the float switch is good. Any other suggestions?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then the problem is the control board like Rick and I mentioned earlier in your thread.

Did you already replace the control board?

Jake