• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KDTM354ESS1 KitchenAid Dishwasher Won’t Drain

DanS

Premium Member
Model Number
KDTM354ESS1
Brand
KitchenAid
My dishwasher won’t drain. I replaced the drain pump and checked all of the drain lines with a snake. Check valve in drain hose right at pump outlet is working properly. I can see water in the drain hose right after the pump. The drain hose loops on the side of the dishwasher assume like it’s own trap. I don’t see water downstream of that loop. Mia robot be enough pressure to push it over the loop. Drain hose ties in to sink drain just before trap and is clear. Removed screen and cleaned. Water will gravity drain out of the basin through the pump. I thought I heard the drain pump run at the end of the cycle but could have been the circulation pump. Any suggestions on next steps? Control board?

Also, what is the button sequence to run the diagnostic test?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Dan,

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below, look on Page 6 where it says: Service Diagnostics with Error Codes

What I do is remove the drain hose from underneath the sink plumbing, then get a bucket to catch the water in, then put the drain hose in the bucket and start the drain cycle and watch how fast the water comes out the drain hose into the bucket. It should be a very strong and fast flow out.

Try that and let us know what happens.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10750907 - Rev B.pdf
    900 KB · Views: 23

DanS

Premium Member
Thanks Jake

Unfortunately I broke a plastic part removing the drain hose from the side of the unit, and I’ll get that replacement part next week. I did observe the drain hose during a drain cycle and didn’t see any water in the hose downstream of the drain hose loop. The drain hose attaches to the sink drain just before the sink trap. So I don’t expect a different result by removing the hose and the sink end. I’ll give it a try next wk and let you know what happens

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Dan, Give it a try anyways, you may be surprised.:)

Jake

DanS

Premium Member
Ok, back together, ran drain hose in to a bucket, and still won’t drain. Ran rinse cycle and still standing water in the bottom. Then ran drain cycle and didn’t hear drain pump come on. Control board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, you will need to remove the electrical connector from the drain pump and get a multimeter and set it on AC Volts, then put your meter leads in the drain pump electrical connector that you just removed from the drain pump, then start a drain cycle and see if your meter reads 120 volts. If so, and the drain pump is not running, then your drain pump is bad. If you DO NOT get 120 volts, then your control board is bad.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump W10914557

Here's the control board for your model: W11228314

Jake

DanS

Premium Member
Thank you. I already replaced the drain pump but I’ll check it with a meter. Do you have a link to the control board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the control board for your model: W11228314

Jake

DanS

Premium Member
I had the meter on the wrong setting and it sounded like a blew a fuse, is there one and where is it located?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your mean your meter blew a fuse? Or the machine blew a fuse?

Is the dishwasher dead now?

Jake

DanS

Premium Member
Machine blew a fuse I think, will need to check if it’s dead. Terminals on the board are scorched.

Attachments

• A5255F71-DA6F-405D-8095-CCA6B23C5FC0.jpeg
    A5255F71-DA6F-405D-8095-CCA6B23C5FC0.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 17

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Dan, order and replace the control board and that should fix it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
58 Volts is too low, you need 120 volts, so order the control board.:)

Jake