• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KDTM704ESS Lower Spray Arm Hits Tub

chrisindc

Premium Member
Model Number
KDTM704ESS
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello all - the pump filter on this unit "exploded" - a problem widely reported on this forum.

I replaced the entire pump and filter assembly. Now the washer is working fine, except that the lower spray arm is intermittently (not always) hanging up on the side of the tub.

I have to interrupt the cycle and re-set it. That seems to resolve things for a while.

Are there any educated guesses out there whether replacing the lower spray arm will solve my problem?

Or is it possible I inadvertently damaged the diverter housing, or installed the pump and filter assembly incorrectly?

I am fairly confident that I'm installing the spray arm correctly, but not 100 percent sure. I'm following the service manual directions, facing the corner arm to the front right corner of the tub, then turning the lower spray arm nut clockwise a 1/4 inch.

Thanks in advance - Chris

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Chris,

Are you sure its locked into place properly?

Here's the OEM lower spray arm assembly for your model:
Lower Wash Arm W10860176

Watch this video:

If so, then look here at what @luvsun100 said:

Jake

chrisindc

Premium Member
Hi Jake, thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm fairly certain I've got it locked in, but can't be certain.

By the way, as others have indicated on this forum, your instructional video is not 100 percent correct. The Kitchenaid KD-17 technical manual indicates that the corner arm must be pointed to the front right corner of the tub when reinstalling.

The video should also make it clear that the lower spray arm nut needs to be grasped when installing or removing the lower wash arm.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member