• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KDTM704KPS KitchenAid Dishwasher - ProDry fan seems to run until the door is opened. Is this right?

TOPDOG

Premium Member
Model Number
KDTM704KPS
Brand
KitchenAid
My model is the KDTM704KPS. I’ve reached out to KitchenAid and they don’t have any reference material indicating the fan duration. I started the wash around 11:40pm and let it go overnight. This morning the fan was still venting out the below vent. The dishes were clean and complete dry but is the fan supposed to run this long? What happens if I ran a wash and didn’t come home for a day or 2 or something? Will this shorten the life of the fan? Just trying to get clarification on the proper duration to know if this is faulty or how it was designed. It’s only a week old so would rather get it exchanged if this is faulty. Thank you for the help.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It’s only a week old so would rather get it exchanged if this is faulty.
Exchange it if you can or call Whirlpool for a warranty service call.

TOPDOG

Premium Member
So I finally got in touch with someone at kitchenaid that was able to at least provide me some information. She said that the fan can run up to 8 hours after wash was completed or until the door is opened. I don’t think I have tried it for that long so I will let it hit 8 hrs and see if it turns off and report back

TOPDOG

Premium Member
Checked this morning and the fan was off. I actually checked at the 7.5 hr mark and it was already off so the information seems accurate that the fan can run up to 8 hours or until the door is opened. Good to know on the current model line and possibly future ones next year.