KEBC107KSS03 KitchenAid has random "PF" code

firedogut

Premium Member
Model Number
KEBC107KSS03
Brand
KitchenAid
We have a KitchenAid KEBC107KSS03 wall oven and lately we get the "PF" code. The oven will turn off and display the code. If you hit cancel the oven will turn on and be useable. Sometimes this will happen 4-8 times over the course of a few hours other times it will be days if not a week in between getting the code. Sometimes when this happens the door locks.

Any ideas on what to check first?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The "PF" is power failure so pull the oven out far enough to remove the top panel. Check all the wire connections for loose connections or any corrosion. Turn the power off and disconnect then reconnect the wires on the control board and power transformer. Disconnect then reconnect the ribbon connector on the control board. Be sure to "seat" it all the way in.

firedogut

Premium Member
I also noticed the door doesn't seem to close perfectly and the seal is older. Could excess heat be traveling up to the board area and triggering the thermal fuse?

rickgburton

Staff member
I don't have the installation manual but I can tell you how. You'll need something to support the front of the oven when you pull it out like a tool box or small stool. Turn off the power to the machine. Remove the two side trim pieces. Open the door and remove the two screws in the lower side trim (one in each side). Then pull the trim piece out and down:
KEBC107-1.jpeg

You'll need to pull it down until it clears the control panel tabs:
KEBC107-2.jpeg

Remove the oven door. It makes it easier to maneuver the oven. Open the oven door and insert two hinge pins in the hole in the door hinges. A couple of nails will work.
KEBC107-3.jpeg

Close the door as far as the pins will let you, then lift up on the door and pull the door and hinges out of the two hinge receivers
KEBC107-4.jpeg

Remove the two oven mounting screws that secure the oven to the cabinet, one on each side.
KEBC107-5.jpeg

Slide the machine out about two thirds of the way and support the front until you can remove the six screws holding the top panel on:
KEBC107.jpeg

rickgburton

Staff member
I also noticed the door doesn't seem to close perfectly and the seal is older. Could excess heat be traveling up to the board area and triggering the thermal fuse?
The thermal fuse is a one shot deal. If it opens you'll need to replace it. If the door is not closing properly the hinges may be bent. It looks like the control board is the culprit and causing your "PF" error. How much damage is on the back side of the board? I'm not sure you can check that one:
Oven Control Board W10438709 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
Oven-Control-Board-W10438709--01023713.jpg

valenciaguy

This is an OLD thread, not sure if I should post a NEW one, or reply here...so REPLYING as a first try.
-----------------------------------
I have the same oven, the same "PF" issue

It looks like they don't make the control board, so I would have to get a refurbished one.

Is there ANY other part that needs to get replaced, fuses, etc.?

I just want to be able to do the repair in one shot.

Thanks in advance.