• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KEBC107KSS05 KitchenAid Superba wall oven - Installing new glass exterior panel

dumnr3

Premium Member
Model Number
KEBC107KSS05
Brand
KitchenAid
hey folks, hoping for some help on this after hours combing through interweb sites. So as has happened to a few before me, I slightly overtorqued the (very loose) handle on a Kitchenaid kebc107kss05 wall oven and cracked the glass. durn. anyway, when I disassembled the door in preparation for installing new panel, I found two rubber "bumpers" among the debris of the broken glass panel. Can't find them anywhere on a parts diagram and can't for the life of me figure out where they go. (these are identical to and in addition to the 2 normal bumpers that are installed on the main body of the oven just below the vent. they are about 3/8 round with a flat surface on one side to act as cushion/bumper while the back side is cone-like to install into a hole--the only holes that seem to be available and matching the diameter are on the hinge itself, either on the bottom (which makes no sense) or along the length facing the panel, although when installed the flat area of the bumper sits below the plane of the hinge and surrounding panel so doesn't look like it would do anything. the closest tech manual I could find for the kebc107 was the KAC-28 which looks similar to mine but the relevant sections have nothing on the mystery bumpers. thanks in advance for any help!

dumnr3

Premium Member
definitely not screws. they are rubber bumpers that can be pushed into a (screw) hole. it is this item on your site:

this is item #4 on the first exploded parts diagram ("01-Oven Parts") on parts page:

however, that part is not listed for the oven door anywhere and I somehow have an extra pair of them that were somewhere floating inside the door and came out when I dissassembled it. if there were just one, I might think it went along the bottom rail to support the glass, but there are 2 and there is no pair of holes anywhere they could go into other than on the hinges where I don't see any function (and to be clear, the bumbers shown in link above are installed in my oven, so I have 4 total: 2 where they are supposed to be and 2 mystery guys). I guess it's not impossible that they were dropped inside the door by accident during assembly at the factory but that seems very unlikely and I sure as heck don't want to experiment given that the glass/panel exterior door sells for $315 (!!!)

I can follow up with a pic, but they are definitely the same bumper referenced above-- after coming across item #4 on the diagram, I removed mine from the oven to compare. same animal. many many thanks for a clue on this

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Those are the bumpers on the outside of the inner door that keep the metal part of the door from hitting the oven when you close the door.

dumnr3

Premium Member
thanks Rick. I realize what they are. The issue is that there are no mounting holes either on the door itself or on the body of the oven, and the two I have magically appeared inside the door. in any case, impatience got the better of me so I installed with them stuck in the only holes I could find. fingers crossed and it hasn't broken yet. thanks for the help even though it's still a mystery to me