• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KEBC208KSS03 KitchenAid Double Oven Not Heating Sufficiently

Ufcpa

Premium Member
Model Number
KEBC208KSS03
Brand
KitchenAid
Our KitchenAid double ovens appear to be having the same issue. For either oven, when setting the oven to bake at a predetermined temperature, the “preheat completed” notification rings well in advance of the oven getting to the preset temperature. We are benchmarking to a small oven thermometer set inside the oven. Eventually, the oven gets to the ballpark of the correct temperature, but doesn’t seem to maintain the temperature, fluctuating plus or minus at least 20 degrees.

I’m not sure if it’s possible that the issue has a common cause, ie, I’m assuming each works independently. We have very rarely used the lower oven, so it is possible that it has had this issue for quite some time, and that we just discovered it.

Any thoughts from the group are appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that is completely normal.

So if you set the oven at 350, what the oven should do is heat the average temperature of 350 degrees. So you should see it go to about 375 degrees, then drop down to about 325 degrees before it cycles on again, so the average is 350 degrees.:)

Jake

Ufcpa

Premium Member
Thanks for the feedback, Jake. I guess I wasn’t completely clear with my message. One key point that I missed is that it takes an incredibly long time for the temperature to get to the setpoint, and that only comes well after the oven has beeped, which is supposed to signify that the oven has reached the set temperature. In other words, at the time the oven beeps, the temperature based on the thermometer in the oven is very much less than the temperature indication on the oven itself. It may take 20 or 25 minutes to get to 400°, which is very different than it has been in the past. The oven still beeps after a reasonable period of say 5 to 10 minutes, and the temperature indicator on the panel shows 400°, but the thermometer in the oven shows much less than that, at say 300.

Does that change your view?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Are you using a old fashioned dial thermometer? If so, those don't read the temperature in "Read Time", and does take about 15 or 20 minutes to "Catch Up" with your actual oven temperature.

The only way to get an accurate measurement of the oven temperature is with a digital meter and thermocouple.

If you don't have a VOM this one is a good investment for thirty bucks. Or your local home store or hardware store should have the digital oven thermometer.

Digital Multimeter DM10T

Jake

Ufcpa

Premium Member
Got it Jake, thanks. We will get an accurate measurement and report back. Really appreciate your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake