• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KEBS109BSS00 Kitchenaid Gas Convection Oven-Issue with changing temps during cook cycle

rvjimzhr

Premium Member
Model Number
KEBS109BSS00.
Brand
KitchenAid
I have a Kitchenaid GAS Convection Oven. I see two Model # on misc paperwork received when I purchased, KKEBS & KEBS109BSS00.

The unit is very slow to preheat but that's not my specific question as I've read so many people say, basically, "that's just the way it is". DISAPPOINTING!

My question/issue here: I've had a few recipes which required cooking at one temp for a period of time and then raising the temp to conclusion. Other times, my dish just needs more time and I want a higher temp. Example: First, I cooked some ribs at 275F for hours. Then I attempted to raise the temp to 350F. The oven went back to a temp BELOW THE 275F and began to heat back to 350. It never makes it back to 350 !! The temp to which it would go has varied but the last time it would only go to 325F. Am I missing something here?? This can't be the way the unit is supposed to work. I've just ignored this issue for a couple of years but am tired of it. For all the raves about KitchenAid, I've not been impressed.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, I'd first ohm test the oven sensor. Measure the resistance of the oven sensor at room temperature. Your meter should indicate about 1050 to 1100 ohms.

Watch this video to ohm test it:

--->Disconnect power to the wall oven, then inside the oven you will see the oven sensor in the back, remove the 2 screws that hold it in place and slowly pull it towards you and then you will see a connector that goes to it, remove the connector and ohm test it.

Here's the oven sensor for your model:
Temperature Sensor WP74008369

If the oven sensor ohm tests good, then its possibly the hidden bake element is the problem.

I'm posting the hidden bake element part number and video below for your model. Now the video says KitchenAid, but Whirlpool owns KitchenAid and it should be basically the same as yours. Remember to disconnect power first.

Here's the hidden bake element for your model:

Here's the video:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

rvjimzhr

Premium Member
Thanks for your suggestions Jake! Not sure how I'll proceed just yet. Soon after I got this oven I had preheat issues and a tech replaced a circuit board or two on warranty. The oven seems to work fine when I cook at any temp. I'll live with the slow preheat 'cuz the last tech had no idea and nothing has ever changed since he replaced the board(s). Not being able to bump the temp up during a cook cycle is concerning though. I won't be able to personally do any of what you've suggested and calling a tech only guarantees me a service call/fee with no assurance that the issue will be resolved. And THAT is what is so frustrating!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No worries, I understand.:)

Jake