KEBS207DBT8 Kitchenaid "too hot" door locked

pwsullivan

Premium Member
Model Number
KEBS207DBT8
Brand
KitchenAid
Thank you for this incredible forum! Here is my problem and the troubleshooting I have done:

ran self-clean and oven had power failure - could not revive after cutting power and rebooting - no display at all and upper and lower doors were locked.
I tested the thermal fuse in the back and it was blown...I replaced the thermal fuse (WP9759242) - still no power to display
I replaced the in-line thermal fuse in the control unit behind display (WP4456654) - after rebooting the display came back on and registered error codes for door locked.
But now the display is lighting up but any button that I push will result in "too hot" error. Alternating with the error codes for door locked.

I did see a forum thread similar to this that suggested that the control unit was bad, but wanted to know if there is a way I can test this? Could it be that I just need to manually unlock the door from the back?

What do you recommend I do next?

Thank you!

pwsullivan

Premium Member
Forgot to mention that I get F5 E0 or F5 E7 error code when it first gets power...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the tech. data sheet for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzvgAyLTSh14Z1NxR3ViR01vRW8

F5 E0=Door is open, but latch is locked (condition exists when door switch is closed indicating an open door and latch switch is closed indicating a locked door)
F5 E7=Self clean latch will not unlock

You will need a multimeter to do ohm testing.

1. Check the Latch Assembly:
- Check latch arm pivot joint, arm/solenoid connection, solenoid spring, and spring washer.
2. Check the Latch Solenoid:
- Check for firm electrical connections.
- Disconnect the two wires from the solenoid and measure the resistance of the solenoid. A small resistance (approx. 175Ω) is normal. If the solenoid is open (∞Ω) or shorted (0Ω), it should be replaced.
3. Check the Latch Switch. Disconnect it and use a continuity tester:
- Door latched = switch closed, continuity should read 0Ω.
- Door unlatched = switch open, continuity should read ∞Ω.
4. Check Door Open/Closed Switch. Disconnect it and use a continuity tester:
- Door open = switch closed, continuity should read 0Ω.
- Door closed = switch open, continuity should read ∞Ω.
5. Check power and element connections.

Here's the oven door latch assembly for your model:
WP4451896 Oven Door Latch Assembly

Let us know what you find.

Jake