• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KEBS207SSS00 KitchenAid Double oven trips breaker

Nels

Premium Member
Model Number
KEBS207SSS00
Brand
KitchenAid
We have had this oven for over 10 years. Over the past several months the oven, either upper or lower (not necessarily both), would trip the 40amp breaker after a few minutes while warming up to 350 or higher. If we reset the breaker immediately and start again it warms up without fail. This issue is now happening every time we initially start the oven. Note that if we initially start the oven to 250 or lower it does not trip the breaker.

I'm guessing that this is likely a breaker issue and I would just replace the breaker as a first attempt to fix the issue. However, my house was built in 1955 with an unusual breaker box made by Bulldog/Pushmatic. Although hard to find I was able to obtain a replacement breaker, but this road block was followed by the fact that the main breaker only shuts off the 120v breakers but does not have a way to shut off the 240v breakers without having the electric company shut the entire house power off.

Before I call an electrician, can anyone point to another possibility as to the cause, only on initial attempt to start up, of the oven tripping the breaker?

ANy help would be much appreciated,
Nels

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I agree with you Nels, it likely that breaker, I don't know what else to suggest expect to have a electrician come to your house and see what they can do.

Jake

Nels

Premium Member
FYI- the problem was indeed the breaker! I was able to find a Pushmatic after market replacement breaker made by Connecticut Electric and my electrician was able to replace it. The oven works perfectly now.

Thanks Jake!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear that Nels.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.