• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KEMC308KSS01 KitchenAid microwave door error

Status
Not open for further replies.

scook

I have a Kitchenaid KHMS2040BSS0. I have replaced the 20 amp fuse, and it worked for a while, but now it is giving me the Door Open/Door Close Error again when i try to start it. What could the problem be? Door switch, and which one?

Last edited:

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

What could the problem be? Door switch
Door switch, door key, door switch mechanism would certainly be prime suspects.

and which one?
Would have to be investigated, we are not there to inspect for ourselves.
Not always, but often the lowest one is used to tell the pcboard if the door is open or closed.

jeff.

mikal

I have a Kitchenaid KEHC309JSS06 Microwave/Oven combo that had a "Door" error also, But when the door is closed it has the error, when the door is Wide open the microwave turns on and works fine??? What is this???

kojakbob

Premium Member
Wanted to jump in on this thread. Kitchenaid Model KEMC308KSS04 same problem with "door" showing when door is closed and will not operate. I have just spent the last 3 hours taking this thing apart and now have verified that all 3 micro switches that are to the door work. Checked continuity with a multimeter on all 3. Now I have no idea where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have this thing laying all over my kitchen. Thanks in advance for any help.

Fkuiper

Premium Member
Help! Same problem with Door code but my problem is I can't slide unit out to check fuse! I've removed screws but only left side wants to slide. Right side is not moving. I've spent a couple hours trying to get it out! Any advice?

fixitjim

Premium Member
This is an easy fix and saved me hundreds with only the cost for a 20 amp fuse ($5) from Home Depot.
The indications of the problem:
The microwave function keys will not work and the keypad numbers do not work. All you get is a triple beep when you try and use them. The oven functions and the clock/timer work.
The tale tell indication: the microwave light does not work. No need to call a technician or replace the whole keypad just replace the 20 amp bus fuse in the unit.

Two screws (L & R) on the inside of the edge strip at the bottom near the oven, remove them. Pull the two strips out and down to remove. This will probably be the most difficult step. A pudgy knife will help loosen the edges of the accumulate grime. Remove two screws at the bottom edge (L & R) of the key pad. Lift up slightly so it can be removed but still attached my the electrical ribbon wire. The 20 amp bus fuse is back half way on the right side. It's fairly large (diameter of your finger). Probably need a flat screw driver to pry it out
Repeat procedure to put back together.
Needless to say disconnect power to the unit!
Careful with the keypad I loosened one of the ribbon connectors and got an error code after reinstallation I had to repeat and reseat them.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I have a Kitchenaid KHMS2040BSS0. I have replaced the 20 amp fuse, and it worked for a while, but now it is giving me the Door Open/Door Close Error again when i try to start it. What could the problem be? Door switch, and which one?
Replacing the 20 amp fuse is the easy part, getting to the root cause is more important.:)

That's why Jeff said this:
Door switch, door key, door switch mechanism would certainly be prime suspects.
And bigbuck posted the tech. data sheet which will help troubleshoot which is the bad part causing the 20 amp fuse to blow, and/or giving the Door Open/Door Close Error again when you try to start it.

Jake

Lordsandy

Premium Member
Hello
I have a kitchen aid microwave and stove combo KEMC307KBT02 with “Door” error on the microwave.
I have replaced the 20amp fuse and all 3 door switches and still have the same error.
Where do I go from here? Any all help greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Jim

fixitjim

Premium Member
Some things to try

Hello
I have a kitchen aid microwave and stove combo KEMC307KBT02 with “Door” error on the microwave.
I have replaced the 20amp fuse and all 3 door switches and still have the same error.
Where do I go from here? Any all help greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Jim
My problem was fixed with the 20 amp fuse.
Check the continuity of the wire to the three door switches to make sure there isn't a brake in one of them.
I believe they should all go back to the circuit board. You can use a ohm meter for this.
What is displayed on your panel do you have any of the functions. Doe it beep when you use the keypad.
It is possible that something is blowing the fuse. Check to see if the fuse is still good.

Lordsandy

Premium Member
Yes, 20 amp fuse is still good.
Everything appears normal, still beeps until you hit start then “door” is displayed.
Jim

fixitjim

Premium Member
Yes, 20 amp fuse is still good.
Everything appears normal, still beeps until you hit start then “door” is displayed.
Jim
Try checking the continuity of each door switch with the door closed.
You might have one of the door switches out of adjustment.
For some reason the microwave is still seeing a door open.

Status
Not open for further replies.