KEMC308KSS01 KitchenAid Oven/Microwave combo dead (though microwave light turns on)

polutropon

Premium Member
Model Number
KEMC308KSS01
Brand
KitchenAid
My KitchenAid KEMC308KSS01 Superba in-wall microwave oven recently went dead. The panel is completely off and none of the buttons make any beep, sound, or start the oven or microwave when pressed. The microwave light turns on when I open the microwave. (The oven lights do not, though they were already burnt out and I hadn't replaced them yet.)

Turned the circuit off to the oven a few times, and waited a few minutes each time, but issue remains. Can't recall any thing weird the oven had been doing previously - we hadn't used it in a little while (a week or so) but hadn't run any self-cleans or crazy long cooktimes or anything out of the ordinary.

I've seen some forum posts about replacing the thermal fuse (https://www.appliancepartspros.com/repair-help/kitchenaid-oven-kemc308kss01-repair/kemc308kss01-wont-start.html) but from what I can tell, this only applies to if the oven still turns on, but just does not heat.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Check the oven shut down thermal fuse at the control P2-4 (red wire) or P3-1 (orange wire) to the red/white wire on the DLB relay. Always remove power and at least one wire when checking continuity.

4375430 Thermostat