• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KEMC377KSS05 KitchenAid Microwave Light Bulb Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmerj

Premium Member
Model Number
KEMC377KSS05
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello.

I need to replace the light bulb on the microwave unit (this is a two-oven with electric convection oven on the bottom and microwave on top). The light bulb looks like a halogen with two pins. After some searching on various websites I came across a halogen light bulb part WPE10440740. But I was shocked at how expensive it was at $36 plus tax and shipping charges.

In Amazon there are several similar bulbs for a fraction of the price, but no exact match on the part number.

My question is whether anyone has a similar unit and was able to find a more reasonably priced alternate replacement.

Thank you.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The ones on eBay and Amazon are made in china so buy at least a dozen....Lol
halogen light bulb part WPE10440740
WPW10440740
whirlpool-lmp-basles-wpw10440740-ap6021432_01_m.jpg

palmerj

Premium Member
I found those already. My question was whether anyone has used alternates. Now a days most things are built overseas. I wouldn’t be surprised if the original are made in n China as well.

palmerj

Premium Member
For future reference, and for anyone with similar question. These are small 12-volt halogen bulbs, similar to those used in outdoor low voltage lights.

Home Depot carries them for around $4.00 each. I installed one and working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.