Kemore Elite Dishwasher not draining

Adam Stanley

Model Number
665.13133k701
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi,

I'm trying to troubleshoot my dishwasher which will not drain. It leaves about 1/2 inch of water at bottom of tub after each wash cycle. This started recently. Pressing Cancel/Drain, does drain a small amount of water but still has most of water at bottom.

Here's what I've done to troubleshoot so far:

1) Cleaned inside of dishwasher including filters and drainage entry. Used a wet vac to remove water. There was a small piece of glass lodged in some plastic in from of the drain hole. I cleared this, but did not fix the issues.
2) I disconnected the drain hose under tap (no disposal or air gap in my setup) and put in a bucket. I used Cancel/Drain and water came out very quickly. I also started a Quick Rinse cycle and as soon as dishwasher started, lots of water immediately came out of the hose into bucket.
3) Inspected as much as hose as I could can did not see any blockage and given #2 above did not surprise me.
4) Removed the water pump and checked impeller. No blockage or debris in it. It was not broken and did not spin freely. Put the water pump back in.
5) Attached a funnel to drain hose and held it above dishwasher. Poured water in to see if any entered dishwasher. It did not.

At this point I am stumped. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing this or what I could check next?

Thanks

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

I disconnected the drain hose under tap (no disposal or air gap in my setup) and put in a bucket. I used Cancel/Drain and water came out very quickly. I also started a Quick Rinse cycle and as soon as dishwasher started, lots of water immediately came out of the hose into bucket.
Checked the spout you removed the hose from?

jeff.