• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

KEMS379BSS00 Microwave dead

jlbisbee

Premium Member
Model Number
KEMS379BSS00
Brand
KitchenAid
Microwave powers on, countdown timer runs for 2 seconds and stops at 58, sounds like microwave is still running but does not heat. Anyone know where I can get a schematic or repair manual?

jlbisbee

Premium Member
Thank you for the parts breakdown and for the tech sheets. They helped, I think. The error from diagnostics was F6 E8, lost communications with microwave control. OK, so I replaced the board and have the same error code, however, I noticed when trying to start the microwave, it tells me to open close door. I tried but it does not seem to change anything. I have access to the monitor interlock and primary interlock switches, but the door switch appears to be in between the microwave and oven and plugs into the GOC appliance manager board. Is there a way to check without taking the microwave off the top of the oven? Any other thought that might help? Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck!

Rick is really good with Microwaves, I'll see if he can assist you.

Jake

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
jlbisbee said:
....so I replaced the board and have the same error code......What do you suggest?
I guess it depends on whether or not you can return the board. If you can that will give you a chance to decide if you want to put that much money into the repair. If you're stuck with the board, you either fix it or you're out whatever you paid for the board.