• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore 106.51173310 Freezer lights very dim

fixandfly

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello:

Kenmore Elite 106.51173310 Freezer lights not all of them working upper two dim mid left inop Ice maker area work.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Fixandfly

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The LED power supply board/driver in the machine compartment by the compressor supplies 14 Volts DC to each individual LED module. Unplug the machine and remove the LED modules that are not working. Restore power and check for 14 volts DC at the module connector. Meter indicates 14 volts DC = replace the module. Any other reading = replace the LED power supply.
W11038857 Invrtr-Box
whirlpool-invrtr-box-w11038857-ap6039992_01_m.jpg

WPW10637153 Module
Looks like:
LED module.jpg

fixandfly

Premium Member
Hello
I swapped two of the lights.
one of the lights tested bad
I will replace the bad bulb first.
It was odd how the bad inop bulb must be plugged in to get the other 2 to work
the other 2 working bulbs are at a low light level (dim)

thanks for the coaching

rickgburton

Staff member
The LED modules are connected in series so if one goes out, the others modules connected in series with that module go dim.

The freezer LED module for your model: W11130208

Tridecaphi

I'm having the exact same issue, top two dim, mid left out. In the freezer I took out the mid left LED light that wasn't working and measured it and I was getting 16v on my kenmore elite 106.51173310. The refrigerator side lights work fine. Are there two LED inverters, one for the freezer and one for the fridge? I want to make sure it's the inverter because that thing isn't cheap and I don't want to be wrong.

I did what the first person did and I swapped a top LED light out and put it in the side and the one tat wasn't lit was still out regardless of position so that seems to tell me the light is bad and not the inverter, right?

Last edited:

rickgburton

Staff member
I don't have the tech sheet for that model so I'm using one for a similar machine. On the inverter J1-1 to J1-7 = 120 VAC supply voltage. There are three 14V outputs Pins 6-12, 5-11, and 4-10. Sounds like the LED module is bad.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I located the tech. data sheet, I'm attaching it below.

I'm having the exact same issue, top two dim, mid left out. In the freezer I took out the mid left LED light that wasn't working and measured it and I was getting 16v
In the tech data sheet all the Freezer LED modules and all in series and use the exact same part number. So if all the refrigerator section LED modules are working fine, then all you would need is just one freezer section LED module. Would you agree Rick?

Here's the freezer LED modules for your model: W11130208

All the refrigerator side LED modules use the exact same part number.

Here's the REFRIGERATOR side LED Modules for your model: W11130208

Let us know how it goes.

Attachments

• Service and Wiring Sheet - W10516609 - Rev A.pdf
    879.4 KB · Views: 216

rickgburton

Staff member

bigbluejby

I located the tech. data sheet, I'm attaching it below.

Jake, you're one in a million. I have the same model refrigerator and I had the Tech Service Sheet under my bezel, and when a wire got crimped in the left door hinge, my ice maker went haywire and flooded the door and messed up the my tech service sheet which I replaced, but stupidly not into a ziploc or safely with the Owner's manual in my file cabinet, duh. I just checked with Sears and they said they don't have a copy to sell me??? You saved me a service call, and I truly appreciate it. In case anyone else is searching for it is a Kenmore Elite Model 106.51173310 technical sheet i.e. Part #W10516609. Believe me I'm ordering parts from you. Stay well out there, and many thanks for unselfishly sharing it with the rest of us.
All the best,
Jason

Last edited: