• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore 106.56549400 No ice being made.

Fireball26

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Have a kenmore 106.56549400. No ice being made. No water in ice tray. Have done your LED check. Stays solid when I close the flap. Ejector arm rotates. Checked continuity on solenoid have roughly 280ish ohms on the water dispenser and a little less on the ice valve solenoid. I used weed eater string to go through tube and also blew through ice tube. All Sat. Checked for AC voltage at solenoid connection, only got about 4.8v Ac. Unless I had a bad connection. What’s my next step?

Fireball26

Premium Member
Also found the spec sheet under the kick plate. Did the quick control board check by pressing in main door switch and pressing water dispenser and then ice dispenser for the main control board. Water dispenser had a good yellow light and ice maker had no lights. So ice maker water valve to control board is bad somewhere. Still don’t know if that points to ice maker or wiring issue or bad valve

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Checked for AC voltage at solenoid connection, only got about 4.8v Ac.
Did you force cycle the ice maker and wait towards the end of the cycle while continuing to watch your meter for 120 volts?

To do a forced harvest, you first have to unplug your refrigerator for 5 minutes then plug it in, then hold the door light switch in and tape the flapper door closed (on the left side) , then you can jump V&N for water flow check. And also you can jump T&H and that will start your ice maker motor into a cycle. Don't leave the jumper wire in more than 7 seconds when you do that.

Make a jumper wire, an insulated piece of wire ( 14 gauge) with the ends of the wire bare approx 1/2".

Here's the ice maker for your model:
2198597 Complete Icemaker Assembly (8 Cube)

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Fireball26

Premium Member
Jake,

Want to say thanks for all the informative info you post.
I did not try to force the harvest cycle yet.
However I did open up the ice maker module and found a burnt contact on the module side and ice maker side.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I did open up the ice maker module and found a burnt contact on the module side and ice maker side.
Then you will need to order and replace the ice maker, and you'll be back in business.:)

Jake

Fireball26

Premium Member
Jake,

Thanks for all of the assistance. Popped the new ice maker and with in about 10 mins had ice. Looking at the old one it looks like the heater part of it might have been what was wrong or whatever the silver loop underneath the tray is.

Thanks again for the help.

All fixed!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Fireball26, glad to hear you're back in business.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake