• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore 110.71112020, brand new, won't stay on beyond 2 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sho

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Bought a new washer last month.
A week ago our old dryer wasn't working. Discovered the breaker was tripped. Old dryer would beep 3 times, wouldn't start. Checked everything and decided to replace old dryer with a brand new Kenmore 110.71112020 gas dryer to match the washer. Everything was hooked up correctly, gas, air vent, no lint build up, etc but the dryer won’t run. It only runs for two seconds and then pauses, message on screen says “press start to resume cycle” the same thing happens over and over. I put it in maintenance mode and there were no error codes. We replaced the circuit breaker but that didn’t help.

I’m thinking it may be electrical, I tried running an extension cord from multiple outlets on different circuits but the same thing happened. I’m at a loss. Any ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Plug a hair dryer in that same outlet as the NEW gas dryer is plugged into and see if the hair dryer works on high heat. If so, then your outlet should be fine.

You'd then need to contact Sears to come out at 1-800-469-4663 to have a tech. come out under warranty to fix it for free.

Jake

Sho

Premium Member
Thank you! Turns out it was the outlet. We just had a guy come replace three outlets and now the dryer is running.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad that was all it was.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.