• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore 110.92292100 Washer stopped flowing water to the dry detergent dispenser

KGA

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a Kenmore 110.92292100 washer that stopped water flow to the bleach and fabric softener port on the left a while back. Now it stopped flowing water to the dry detergent dispenser on the left side. Everything else on the washer works well. I need to know what parts I need to replace and where I can find them. If you also happen to have a diagram of the machine or know where I can find one, that would be immensely helpful. Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do does washer fill at all on COLD, HOT or WARM? Any humming sound when it should be filling?

Your main water inlet valve is usually the one that is most common to go out, that one controls the basic water fill to your washer, the other water inlet valve is for the dispenser assembly that controls the bleach and fabric softener water flow.

Its always best to replace both water inlet valves when one goes bad as they work together. But they are both no longer available from the factory anymore.

Here's the main water inlet valve for your model, where your fill hoses connect to:
3357901 Water Inlet Valve, 3 Coil (detergent Dispensing Models)

Here's the water inlet valve that goes to those dispensers, for your model:
WP64164 Valve

You will need to remove the washer cabinet to access them.

Jake

Reactions: KGA

KGA

Premium Member
The washer fills and washes, it just doesn’t divert water to the dry detergent (front right), bleach and fabric softener dispensers (front left) on the lip of the drum. Water does fill from the main inlet on the back of the machine to the tub for all settings (cold, warm and hot) and everything else works. When water is supposed to go to the detergent dispenser, there is a humming sound but nothing comes out.

We have had very hard water in this house for years and just got a water softener this year which I think is the culprit for this issue.

Since these parts are no longer available at the links provided, do I have any options for repairing this machine or just use it until it completely dies and call it a day?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The washer fills and washes, it just doesn’t divert water to the dry detergent (front right), bleach and fabric softener dispensers (front left) on the lip of the drum. Water does fill from the main inlet on the back of the machine to the tub for all settings (cold, warm and hot) and everything else works. When water is supposed to go to the detergent dispenser, there is a humming sound but nothing comes out.
Then it would be the 2nd valve I listed above.

Since these parts are no longer available at the links provided, do I have any options for repairing this machine or just use it until it completely dies and call it a day?
That's spot on to me.

Jake

Reactions: KGA

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks! You too!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.