Kenmore 11073052100 intermittent problem

profmichals

Premium Member
A Kenmore 11073052100 gas dryer is experiencing intermittent problems for the past few months. Most of the time the dryer works fine. The controls function, the motor spins, it heats and the clothes get dry. Periodically the dryer will turn on, beep a few times and the lights will stay on without any of the controls being touched. I have not been able to determine a cause or trigger. The dryer is off, empty and plugged in. It happens every few days to weeks at all hours. It has beeped and started in the middle of the night. Another intermittent problem is that when it turns on, it will default to the permanent press cycle and will not let me select a different cycle. Unplugging the dryer for a few minutes has cleared that issue.

I have looked over the system board and sensors, but have not been able to identify any problem. There are no obvious failed components, and I cannot replicate the problems. I am looking for some help troubleshooting, forming a diagnosis and a clue. Hopefully, I can avoid blindly replacing components.

Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, If the dryer turns on by itself then its the control panel thats the issue: Control Panel Part#WP3979125

But getting the control panel is a different story, seems no one can even get these anymore, everyone is OUT-OF-STOCK on them, and this member waited 20 days and still nothing: 110.72054100 Kenmore Elite Dryer No Power

When I worked for Sears back in the early 2000's I was replacing the control panels and control boards on these left and right.

If I was you, I'd save the frustration of trying to get the control panel and just buy a new dryer(NON-ELECTRONIC).:)

Jake

profmichals

Premium Member
Thanks for the quick reply. Your advice seems to have saved me a great amount of grief.

The dryer is working for the most part, and I will continue to use it until it completely fails. I am considering connecting an AWG 14/3 power strip to have a switch to completely turn off the power so that it will not start up on its own. Is that a thick enough gauge for the washer and dryer?

Thanks again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, 14 gauge would be fine since you have a gas dryer(120 volts), a 12 gauge would be for an electric dryer(240 volts).

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help.:)

Jake