FIXED Kenmore 363.15171000 Draining Issues

Bridget Yost

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
During the wash and rinse cycles the water doesn't seem to drain out.. it sloshes it out the front of the dishwasher...

At the end of the cycle.. all of the water will drain out and it will start the drying process.

the drain hose isn't clogged obviously... I cleaned the filters around where it drains out..

Not sure of the issue. I'm getting ready to sell the house and I don't want to have to buy a new one.

Thanks in advance!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

The timer controls the drain cycles on this model, so if its not draining except for the very final drain, then it sounds like a timer problem.

What I do to confirm this is remove the bottom access panel and watch the drain solenoid lever to see if it moves after the 1st wash cycle to drain, it should move DOWN to drain, and UP for wash.

There is a special note on this model:

IF DISHWASHER HAS THIS LABEL NEXT TO THE MODEL & SERIAL # PLATE
USE THIS LIST FOR CONTROL PANEL PARTS
(click to enlarge)
K0705062-00002.jpg

If that's the case for your dishwasher, then that timer is No Longer Available.

Let us know, because if that label is NOT next to the model & serial # plate, then the timer IS available.

WD21X10077 Timer

Jake

Bridget Yost

Premium Member
So I took the front bottom panel off and it only moved at the end when it was draining...

So I order the part, does the front top panel where the buttons are come off for it to be installed there??

Thanks for your help!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes,

Watch this video below, Your Kenmore 363 model is made by GE, its identical to the Hotpoint in the video, GE owns Hotpoint.

[video=youtube_share;wAOn4B7RPL0]https://youtu.be/wAOn4B7RPL0[/video]

Jake

Bridget Yost

Premium Member
So I replaced the timer and it started spewing water out like it was, I turned the knob all the way through the cycles and restarted the dishwasher.. its not spewing like it was.. but it is still leaking a bit around the bottom on 1 side.. before it was a lot out of both sides.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then check your right and left side door baffles, they may be cracked or missing completely, when you click the part links to them below, you will see a video on where they are located.

Here's the right side door baffle:
WD8X227 Tub Corner Baffle

Here's the left side door baffle:
WD8X228 Tub Corner Baffle

If thats fine, then check your bottom spray arm for cracks in it, that will cause this problem as well.

WD22X154 Spray Arm Assembly

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Bridget Yost

Premium Member
Ok not those. I checked those....

20190221_193818.jpg After looking in there more.. its coming from the side.. could the seal be messed up??

Bridget Yost

Premium Member
The gasket up at the top around the corner seems very squishy compared to the other places. Could the gasket be bad??

20190221_195456.jpg

Bridget Yost

Premium Member
Got the dishwasher gasket today! Easy install and boom!!! No more leaking!!! Thank you sooo much for your help!!!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Bridget, glad to hear the new door gasket fixed the water leak.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake