• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore 417.44102301 won't fast spin when heavy load

Status
Not open for further replies.

reprit

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi Everyone! First post...hope I'm doing this right. My Kenmore front load 417.44102301 washer will fast spin regular loads but when I try to wash sweatpants, towels, heavy shirts -- anything that will hold a lot of water -- it won't fast spin at the end and the clothes come out soaking wet. It will fast spin when empty and with light loads. The belt is in place and tight. We believe it's either the motor or the control board.

The board looks fine (no burn marks or broken connections) but could it still be bad? Or is it likely the motor? Is the "off balance" sensor built into the motor? From what I'm reading online it appears that it is. Is there anything else I should be checking?

Should I order both parts or should I start with one first? I'm thinking of ordering the motor first, but the parts sites state that it's rarely the motor, but due to the age of this washer and that we've replaced the bearings twice, I'm leaning toward the motor. What do you all think? Am I on the right track?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Is the water draining out if the drain hose fast with lots of pressure?

Does the tub get out-of-balance easy with larger loads in it?

Here's our main thread on this problem: FIXED: Kenmore front loader won't do final spin when clothes are in it

Also read post#4 here: GLEH1642DS1 Frigidaire Gallery Front Load Washer Will Not Spin

Also this thread: https://www.applianceblog.com/mainf...0-front-loader-does-not-spin-when-full.66596/

Here's the motor for your model:
Drive Motor 134869400

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @reprit glad to hear the new motor fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Happy New Year!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.